Thank you for visiting our website.
At Obayashi Singapore Private Limited (“OSPL”), we seek to respect and safeguard the confidentiality of information and privacy of our stakeholders. We are committed to putting in place policies, practices, and processes to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data you provide us, in compliance with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
This Policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose, process, and manage your personal data.
Collection of Personal Data
We define “Personal Data” as data about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which an organization has or likely to have access.
Common examples of personal data include the following:
- Personal particulars (e.g., name, contact details, residential address, email address, date of birth, identity card/passport details).
- Employment history, education background.
- Photos or video footage.
- Other electronic data or information relating to you such as IP addresses, cookies, activity logs.
We collect Personal Data through the following channels:
- Register or use any of our services from our websites and any form of information provided on our online platforms.
- Engage our services through the signing of documents or agreements.
- Submit job applications, internship applications and/or scholarship applications.
- Provide personal data when visiting our premises.
- Interact with our representatives during meetings, emails, phone, recruitment fairs, exhibitions, events, etc.
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV surveillance cameras or via photos and videos taken by us or our representatives when you are within our premises or during a company event.
- Submit your personal data to OSPL for any other reasons.
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Personal Data
Generally, OSPL collects, uses, and discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you on matters relevant to your relationship with or interest in OSPL.
- To fulfil the contractual/ legal obligations under the contracts or legal arrangements entered into between OSPL and you, or entered into between OSPL’s related entities, affiliates, partners and/or representatives and you.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection process, training and development purposes and related staffing initiatives.
- To verify your identity.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To assess and improve the services that you use or may use.
- To facilitate the management of our facilities, including managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including, but not limited to, issuing visitor passes, operating CCTV surveillance, conducting security clearance, recording of entrance to and exit from any of our premises).
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, government authorities, law enforcement agencies and other requirements.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to any personnel of OSPL or to third parties, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. For instance, personal data may be disclosed to agents, contractors, third party service providers, and contractual outsourced parties who provide OSPL the services to perform business, support, operational and/or administrative functions, as well as to professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Accessing and Making Correction to Personal Data
You may request access or make corrections to your personal data held by OSPL.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal data or other appropriate information on your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA, and to make any correction if there is any error or omission. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity by checking your legal identification document. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. By which time we will give you an estimate of how long it is going to take to retrieve all the relevant data. OSPL may impose a charge for processing the request. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your access request. Information on the processing fee will be made available to you.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so in the following situations:
- Permitted or required by law; or
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
The information is not provided to these agencies and/or companies for marketing purposes.
Note: This policy applies to personal information collected through the websites of OSPL. This policy does not apply to websites of third parties and other online information linked to from our website.
This policy was last updated on 31 October 2022.